Friday, August 5, 2011

Home

FINALLY. I'm home! I am absolutely thankful for every technological luxury in my life upon my return. The first thing I did was walk the the fridge and pull out a bottle of ranch (ranch doesn't exist overseas).. it was heaven in my mouth. The second thing I did was sit and bask in the bliss that is having wi-fi and high speed internet within the convenience of your own home.

I remember sitting on the bus on our way to downtown Oxford discussing the terrible Oxford weather and the similarities between that and Seattle's weather. I remember saying that the clouds will part and the sun will come when all of us return to Seattle. And did it ever! I am in some weird peaceful state of mind ever since I've returned. It's what happens when I am away from home for an extended amount of time. I wake up every morning (feeling rested) before 8 am, which let me tell you, 1 pm is my norm.. I can get so much done before noon.. who knew!

Anyways, my early morning rise may also have something to do with my motivation to just be up and in my house and next to my lake and laying in the sun.. I don't want to miss a second of it. And, now that I look back at pictures of Oxford I sometimes with I was there and I already forget how beautiful it was until I'm reminded.

What's up with that, anyways? Why do we miss things more when we are way from them? Can't I just appreciate something when I'm there? No, no I cannot, I've tried. But oh well, really, the trip is over now and it's time to get back to real life especially when real life seems so much better than it did before! If anything, Oxford opened my eyes to an entirely different way of getting things done. Their lack of luxury and convenience hasn't stopped them from remaining one of the top universities in the world, and the one feeling I have from Oxford is that I am capable of so much more with all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment